Five ways to inject a dash of culinary and cultural flair into your events at InterContinental Osaka:
1. The spacious residences can be used for special occasions, parties, even exhibitions. Ideal options are on the 32nd floor-two huge three-bedroom residences, and a couple of two-bedroom residence suites- and they come with large balconies/decks that are able to accommodate 30 people in an outdoor reception.
2. Make your meal-time a memorable bonding session by booking out the entire restaurant. Pierre, the hotel's signature boîte, serving contemporary French, can be completely booked during the week for an immersive and customised experience.
3. A visit to Osaka should always include a cultural component, and the meetings team at the InterContinental Osaka can bring performers of bunraku, maiko, geiko, and noh to the hotel, and that's no mean feat (the hotel's connections help!).
4. The banquet team can set up special cooking stations and demonstrations of Japanese cuisine such as sushi, tempura, and noodles. A hypnotic event is the tuna-cutting show, where a master chef artfully cuts a whole 30-50kg tuna in front of guests before serving the fish sashimi- and sushi-style.
5. The audiovisual team can ensure your closing event or party is a surefire success with customised party lighting and design, and the use of wide-mapping projectors to produce unforgettable performances or presentations.