In April 2019, Sheraton Grand Macao faced a monumental task: How to keep 2,000 delegates from all over the world engaged, entertained, and enamoured under one roof?
For three days, the hotel managed that and more, cementing its reputation as one of the top meetings and events venue in Asia. This is how they did it.
On April 10-12, the Sheraton Grand Macao welcomed Entrepreneurs' Organization to Macau for their Global Leadership Conference 2019.
Founded in 1987, Entrepreneurs' Organization is a global, peer-to-peer network of more than 14,000 influential business owners with 193 chapters in 60 countries.
Held over three days, the Global Leadership Conference is Entrepreneur's Organization's premier global event, bringing together members of the various international chapters. The Conference is held in a different location every year, and 2019 marks the first time the conference was held in Macau.
More than 2,000 delegates descended upon Macau for the conference, with the majority coming from the United States (Entrepreneur's Organization's headquarters), the United Kingdom, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, as well as Australia and New Zealand.
Over the three days, Sheraton Grand Macao had to fully utilise its entire array of meetings and events facilities, as well as execute the various F&B offerings according to requirements.
The hotel, which won Best Meetings Hotel (Macao) at the 2019 M&C Asia Stella Awards, managed to:
- Host a keynote speaker plenary session with all 2000 delegates to launch the conference;
- Provide rooms for more than 30 separate breakout learning sessions and working lunches;
- Host several award ceremonies;
- Host a Macau-inspired networking cocktail dinner featuring more than 20 cooking stations with cuisine from all over the world, traditional Chinese dragon dance, as well as a live rock 'n' roll band
- Provide a variety of catering formats across the three-day event including standing buffet lunches, small in-conference room lunches, as well as seated breakfast buffets and mid-morning and mid-afternoon breaks.
The event was a remarkable success, with the venue providing the perfect mix of meeting room and event space facilities for the delegates, all under one roof.
The feedback from the event organisers was fantastic, and the vibe from delegates was overwhelmingly positive. In short, everybody had a great time.
Entrepreneurs' Organization's CEO, Carrie Santos, was glowing in her praise. "We are a tough customer with very specific needs, but the Sheraton Grand Macao has a flexibility that is unparalleled," she said.
Their experience at the convention was so memorable that many delegates extended their stay in Macau to network with other delegates, as well as explore the city's seemingly endless cultural and entertainment sights.
For Sheraton Grand Macao, the event added yet another glorious testament to its reputation as a top meetings and events venue.