. Japanese business jet company set to take off | Meetings & Conventions Asia

Japanese business jet company set to take off

Interiors of the ultra luxurious business jet
Interiors of the ultra luxurious business jet

Japan Airlines (JAL) and Marubeni announced its latest venture: a new business jet company to meet the demand of such services in Japan. 

Set to begin operations in spring 2019, the services will include the arrangement of chartered overseas and inter-city flights. The company will also provide management services, such as maintenance and crew, for business owners or companies that happen to own their own aircraft. Finally, operational and concierge services for business jet operators and customers flying to Japan will also be provided. 

As part of the agreement, JAL Business Aviation will have paid-in capital of ¥150 million (US$1.4 million), with JAL holding a 51% stake and Marubeni owning the remaining 49%.