Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC) announced last week that it has won the bids to host 10 new international congresses at the venue from 2019 to 2022. This strengthens Dubai's position as a distinctive and competitive destination for the MICE and business events industry. By estimates, these events will bring in about 37,000 delegates from around the world and are expected to deliver an estimated AED 700 million (US$ 190 million) for the local economy.
Commenting on the wins, Mahir Julfar, senior vice president - venue services management, DWTC, said, "Securing the new congresses demonstrates DWTC's growing appeal as a business events destination, with a range of capabilities and offerings to suit professionals in the MICE sector across the globe. DWTC's strategic location within the business hub of one of the most connected and visited cities in the world, coupled with the ability to attract business professionals across various sectors to share and exchange knowledge in a dynamic setting, remains a catalyst in our journey as a leading business events venue. The diversity of the upcoming events calendar for 2019-2022 endorses DWTC's international reputation as a game-changing business events destination."
The 10 international congresses are:
• 4th Young Professionals in Space Conference (YPS), October 2019
• 22nd International Academy of Astronauts Human in Space Symposium, November 2019
• 6th Global Symposium on Health Systems Research, November 2020
• 40th Congress of the Societe Internationale d'Urologie, 2020
• ACTE Society of Petroleum Engineers, 2021
• World Congress of Gastroenterology, 2021
• World Confederation for Physical Therapy Congress, 2021
• World Congress of the Asian Pacific Society of Cardiology, 2021
• 5th ISPRS Geospatial Week, 2021
• International Conferences on Space Operations, 2022