NARA - Nara Prefectural Convention Center has re-opened with new health and safety protocols and control measures to welcome business events.
As a precaution, the centre is implementing the following precautionary measures:
• Permitting admission to the building only to the participants and organisers of events
• Installing hand sanitisers at the front entrance
• Encouraging all visitors to use hand sanitisers and observing proper coughing and sneezing etiquette
• Ventilating the entire building using air conditioning equipment
• Mandating all staff to wear face masks
• Ensuring that all participants wear face masks and to always have disinfectant solutions ready for use
• Disinfecting the surfaces regularly
• Keeping the ventilation open during meetings and events
• Restrictions in the number of people (indoors: 100 people or less and within a half of its original capacity. Outdoors: 200 people or less and social distancing of at least 2 m)
• Keeping at least 2 m between participants and avoiding contact with each other
• Keeping the distance between the performers and the audience by at least 5 m, and not to come into contact with each other
• All garbage must be disposed by organisers when leaving the venue.
The shops and restaurants in the centre’s Tourism Promotion Facility are back in business with a new layout of seats to maintain social distancing.
“We continue to closely monitor the situation and respond appropriately. The above protocols and measures may change according to the circumstances,” it said in a statement.
Nara Prefectural Convention Center is located in the middle of Nara City between Nara Park and Heijo Palace Site, surrounded by World Heritage sites. Reachable from Kansai International Airport via a direct limousine bus in 90 minutes, the venue has 14 conference rooms, indoor and outdoor multi-purpose spaces, and tourism promotion facilities, including Nara Prefecture’s largest convention hall at 2,100 sqm.