SINGAPORE – In its latest effort to encourage the digital transformation of Singapore’s MICE industry, the Singapore Tourism Board (STB), has made an open call for solutions. Companies which are shortlisted with market-tested, commercially ready solutions that can address the opportunities below will be invited for a digital marketplace webinar session. They will pitch to an audience of Singapore tourism and MICE businesses, including hotels, attractions, and travel agents, among others.
Through this platform, solution providers, software developers, and consortiums have the opportunity of match-ups with tourism businesses who are interested to find out more about their solutions.
STB and the Singapore Association of Convention & Exhibition Organisers & Suppliers (SACEOS) will work on the relevant grants that may be used to help support members’ implementation.
The five opportunity areas are:
1. How might we enable a light-touch/contactless experience that can reassure and instill confidence in visitors?
2. How might we re-imagine the way visitors experience the destination and its offerings without being physically present, to build business resilience and identify new revenue streams?
3. How might we enable real-time monitoring of tourism facilities and visitor flow to manage crowd density?
4. How might we enable back-end processes to be light-touch/contactless, to ensure the safety of our staff members who need to be on-site?
5. How might we leverage technology to maintain a high level of hygiene and inform visitors, so that they are assured of the level of cleanliness?
One of the companies which will be participating in this effort is GlobalSign.in. Mr Veemal Gungadin, the co-founder, said: “As we entered phase two, stringent efforts which include Safe Entry measures are indeed reassuring. Similarly, it might take extra effort to get the public back at physical events.
“Hence, it is pretty evident that hybrid events are here to stay as a format for the upcoming months. As a company, we have constant efforts to support event planners with hybrid events using touchless technology to ensure minimum contact at the venues.
“As far as revenue streams are concerned, there is a great opportunity for sponsorships even through virtual events. One of the biggest benefits of hosting virtual events being the wider global audience.”
This STB “Open Call for Solutions” is open till 5 July 2020, 2359hrs Singapore Time. For more information on the process, key dates, submission requirements, evaluation criteria, please visit: http://go.gov.sg/covidopencall