Yesterday, Sabre Corporation revealed the results of a survey that compiles insight from over 70 corporate travel management companies from across Asia Pacific, as well as the trends in terms of regional bookings. The results show that as economic growth continues to sweep across the region, more companies are expecting their corporate travel managers to contribute to their business success, asking them to look for door-to-door travel booking solutions, demanding expense integration and, most importantly, to identify cost saving opportunities.
Here are some key findings:
• Almost seven in 10 (65%) respondents admit they are asked to identify cost savings, and this cost-conscious approach is encouraging travel managers to find new ways to minimise spending.
• While premium economy continues to gain ground in the region, one in three travel managers has recorded an increase of close to 5% in premium economy bookings over the last year.
• As travel-related expenses become a central consideration for companies, the survey also reveals that downgrades, shifting reservations from business to economy class, account for close to 40% of their bookings.
• Almost one in four have identified a significant increase in their LCC share of volume.
• 32% of respondents expect solutions that enable mobile booking capacities will become mainstream within the next two years.
• Only 10% believe that virtual payment solutions will gain widespread acceptance
"The results of this survey reflect the critical role of TMCs in assuring the business success of their clients, and Sabre is pleased to supply cutting-edge technology solutions that fuel this valuable partnership," said Todd Arthur, vice president, Sabre Travel Network, Asia Pacific. "More than ever, members of the travel industry need to work closely together to enable a smooth, relevant shopping experience for the traveller. For Sabre, collaboration with leading TMCs is enabling our ability to innovate and to continually reimagine the business of travel," he added.
"We partner with our clients, helping them to seek new ways to maximise revenue and reduce their costs, thus achieving their business goals. Whether it's through data-driven insights or traveller engagement tactics, together we drive change with innovative concepts and products. By working with Sabre, who enable us to have access to global content and thus contribute to our revenue management and reporting capabilities, we have become strategic partners to our clients across the region, and the globe," said Greg O'Neil, president Asia Pacific, BCD Travel.