SINGAPORE - Millennium Hotels and Resorts (MHR) has adopted a holistic approach to reviewing processes and procedures by introducing a “We Clean. We Care. We Welcome” campaign.
It has stepped up precautionary measures to ensure that every hotel is a welcoming sanctuary for guests. The campaign has been rolled out to more than 145 hotels across 80 locations under the MHR portfolio.
Complementing mandatory preventive measures by government authorities and hygiene accreditations, the campaign establishes stringent measures that focus on all touchpoints of any interaction.
Mr Clarence Tan, CEO of MHR stated, “It is a rigorous approach to safeguarding the health of our guests and colleagues, but a vital one in these times as we are slowly re-introducing a level of normalcy into our lives.”
The measures include 10 key hallmarks of cleanliness and safety:
1. Higher standards of cleanliness and hygiene – to obtain local authority hygiene accreditations such as Singapore’s SG Clean Quality Mark Certification, where relevant.
2. Appropriate checks on arrival for guests and employees – for example, temperature checks for all guests and/or collection of guest health declaration forms in certain jurisdictions
3. Easy availability of disinfection kits to guests and employees – sanitisers, masks and anti-bacterial wipes available at guest contact areas (eg lobby, restaurants, meeting rooms)
4. Frequent and regular sanitisation of high-contact points – high-contact points will be sanitised on a regular basis depending on frequency of use (eg elevator buttons, door handles)
5. Use of technology to enhance guest experience and safety - deploying contactless technology where possible to minimise physical contact (eg e-payment, QR code ordering system, contactless check-in/check-out)
6. Ensure higher cleanliness and hygiene standards during guest stay – mandatory use of disinfectants for sanitisation of contact points (eg bedding, room furniture, TV remote)
7. Enforce safe distancing measures as a precaution – recommended minimum of one-metre distance for interactions between guests and/or employees
8. Higher food safety standards – enhanced food safety protocols, deep cleaning and meals served individually
9. Appropriate health and safety gear – regular use of Personal Protective Equipment, when appropriate, to ensure the health and safety of guests and employees
10.Hygiene ambassadors to ensure measures are implemented - a hygiene ambassador in each hotel will ensure that employees are trained with the latest processes and procedures to enhance guest safety and comfort.
MHR recently rolled out a “Meet with More” package to more than 145 hotels across 80 locations under the MHR portfolio. This meeting package offers a range of bespoke meeting solutions and a selection of versatile and striking event spaces around the world.
When ten or more rooms are booked, the “Meet with More” package offers up to five event enhancements such as rebates and complimentary room nights.
Hotels under MHR include Orchard Hotel Singapore, Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel Singapore, Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur and Grand Millennium Beijing.