A thing of the past: currently, cabin crew wear masks, goggles and gloves on board all aircraft, and the middle seat is only unavailable on sectors where it is mandated by the regulators in the destination. Credit: SIA
SINGAPORE - Singapore Airlines has set up an internal task force to review all aspects of its operations to ensure that it is ready to ramp up services when air travel recovers.
Said its spokesperson: "This includes any modifications to our inflight products and end-to-end service delivery to provide additional health and safety assurances to our customers and our crew."
Currently, cabin crew wear masks, goggles and gloves on board all aircraft, and the middle seat is only unavailable on sectors where it is mandated by the regulators in the destination.
Said SIA's spokesperson: "We have not mandated the empty middle seat as our customers may want to sit together with their families or partners, or may have young children, and we need to cater to that.
"However, if customers wish to sit apart from other passengers, we can reassign seats at the gate to create more space for them if seats are available.
"Once boarding has been completed, customers can make a request to the crew if they wish to change seats to have more space. This provides all our customers with more flexibility and reassurance."
For the flights that SIA launches on its minimum connectivity network, measures that have been implemented to ensure the safety of customers and staff include:
• Pre-flight health assessments and temperature checks for passengers, as well as asking them to wear masks throughout their flight and follow safe distancing procedures when embarking, disembarking and queuing for the lavatory
• A thorough cleaning process of all aircraft that includes using an approved disinfectant to wipe down all common surfaces after every flight
• Changes to in-flight meals, including replacing the meal service with a snack bag on some sectors
• Suspending its hot towel service, and removing menu cards and seatback literature such as magazines
• Ensuring its cabin crew and pilots have their temperature taken before flights, and wear masks and eye goggles on board the aircraft.
Click here for SIA's flight schedules from May to June.