The first Hilton resort on Miyako Island, Okinawa, has opened. The Hilton Okinawa Miyako Island Resort has 329 guest rooms (twin rooms and luxurious suites) with private balconies. The hotel offers breathtaking views of the island’s natural landscape and Miyako Sea.
The resort’s four meeting rooms have a total event space of 533 sqm. Event planners can reserve between 10-25 hotel rooms for groups and pay for rooms at a later date on the resort’s website. They can also create an attendee website for guests to book their room.
The largest room setup is 196 sqm that hosts 96 pax banquet-style and 238 guests theatre-style. The smallest room hosts 32 pax banquet-style and 84 pax theatre-style.
Other event spaces include a ballroom, rooftop chapel, all-day Azure restaurant, Italian cuisine at Isoletta, and the open air Yunai bar where guests can spend an evening with wine, beer and cocktails in an open-air setting, appreciating the sunset and ocean view from this rooftop bar.
The resort is 15 minutes/7 km from Miyako Airport for domestic travels and 25 minutes/13 km from Shimojishima Airport for international flights.
Post meeting activities:
· Enjoy Miyako Island’s unspoiled beaches that are fringed by clear blue waters - the 7-km Yonaha Maehama Beach is among the longest of the island’s beaches. Sunayama Beach, known for its arch-shaped rock, is secluded in a small cove.
· This diving paradise has a wealth of dive sites to explore, including underwater caves and caverns. Beaches popular for snorkeling include Aragusuku and Shigira
· Try stand-up paddle boarding at Imugya Marine Garden
· Go kayaking at Pumpkin Hole, an ocean cave with pumpkin-like rock formations
· Parasailing, jet skiing, and banana boat rides are also available across the island
· Enjoy Miyako beef, Miyako soba (noodles served in broth), or fresh fruit. Okinawa has the highest mango yield in Japan, and Miyako Island’s warm subtropical climate is ideal for harvesting fresh, juicy mangoes.
· Golf at Shigira Bay Country Club and Emerald Coast Golf Links.