DESARU, MALAYSIA – Anantara Desaru Coast Resort & Villas will reopen its doors starting July 1, 2020 and is eager to welcome its neighbouring guests from Singapore once the borders allow for tourism travel into Malaysia. Low-rise buildings and stand-alone villas overlook the resorts’ gardens, lagoon and ocean, offering privacy with an infinity pool, full kitchen, and chef and butler service.
Said the hotel’s GM, Mr Christian Gerart: “We foresee some positive response from the Singapore market within the next couple of months for meetings with hopes that there is more flexibility for travel in the near future.”
The hotel was only two months shy since opening when the pandemic forced it to close again. Mr Gerart remains optimistic that the resort will do very well in future as he foresees response from Singapore, Indonesia, China, and in the long haul the European and Australian market.
He said: “Events of the near future will need to adapt and evolve to continue to deliver world class, unforgettable experiences in a forever changed world. After potentially months apart, humanity’s innate desire to be together will spark an event industry renaissance and with Anantara Desaru carrying its name a luxurious resort with a pristine natural beach setting close to Singapore, we foresee favourable response in developing and growing in this sector in the near future.”
One of the resort’s unique features is its natural landscape and pristine natural beach, away from the norm of a structured meeting space found in the city. “With the many attractions nearby for activities and authentic and indigenous experience, we can attract the market towards a distinct experience found at Anantara Desaru, while experiencing comfort and class. Apart for our natural resources, the hotel itself has an array of options when it comes to dining or simply relaxing by the pool lounge,” added Mr Gerart.
The venue’s indigenous spa therapies offer spa-goers an experience native to the locale in six treatment rooms.
Among its other offerings are contactless in-room dining services and residential meetings packages which start from MR698 nett (US$163) per room per night for a Premier Room, including the following:
• one night free for every 15 paid rooms per night, maximum of two nights per stay
• daily breakfast for two pax
• welcome amenity for all guests and VIP amenity for VIP guests
• usage of the library as a hospitality room for group check-in
• one-time creative theme coffee break per meeting group (minimum of 15 paid guests)
• 30% off meeting package, rate starts from MYR218 nett per person per day
• 10% off total master-billed for additional F&B
• 15% off spa for treatment above 60 minutes
For 30 paid guests, perks include:
• Free 30 minutes welcome beverage (mocktail) for every dinner arrangement at the Resort
• 1 live station for every dinner arrangement at the Resort
The deal is valid until 31 October 2020 for a stay period between now and 31 March 2021.